Saturday, January 16, 2010

Friday (PAY DAY)

Yesterday was Friday. The last day of class for the week and also payday for our department.

We started the day with a running exercise where we would sprint for 15 seconds and jog for 30 seconds. I really enjoyed this cause it really got my blood flowing and wasn't that hard. I was feeling good afterwards and ready for sitting in class 8 hours until the day and week was over.

Before class started we had our uniform inspection which was interesting but not so bad. They just looked at our uniforms and helped us understand what it looks like and what it was supposed to look like.

All morning and afternoon we finished the state law book. I found myself really enjoying the entire day not knowing if it was because I knew it was Friday or because the material was just that interesting. After we finished up learning the state law we were split into groups and given a situation to see how well we knew the law. We were asked to apply all the laws we had learned throughout the week and apply charges to the people who deserved to be charged with a crime in the situation. It was interesting to see how many different people had different opinions on the charges that should apply. I guess that's why they say it is to the discretion of the officer. After that was over the instructor narrowed down our materials for what to study for the big test we are going to have on Monday morning. I think I am getting ready for it after doing a study group this morning and doing a little study on my own.

WE GOT PAID YESTERDAY TOO!! That was awesome to see a big check like that after not getting paid anything just about from my last job.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! So proud of you for making it through your first two weeks of officer training! We can't wait to see you in your snazzy uniform, all decked out. We're SO proud of what you're accomplishing!

    ReplyDelete